POSITION: DATA ANALYST
About Q-Sourcing Servtec
Q-Sourcing Servtec is a global management consulting firm that helps people make significant improvements to their business performance and realize their most important career goals. With over 13 years in business and a combined 25 years plus personnel experience, we have built a company uniquely equipped to provide quality personnel & skill individuals to improve productivity through customized services in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania & South Sudan.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is a member of Servtec International Group, a business solutions group with presence in over 13 countries worldwide with consistent excellence in Human Resources Management, Training, Fire Fighting and SHEQ support.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is seeking to recruit for the position of Data Analyst based in Nairobi.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a strong communicator and have a solid analytical background with experience in experimental design. You will need to be comfortable interpreting ambiguous results generated with imperfect data, and advising leaders on relative risk associated with different decisions based on the results of your analysis.
- Putting in place data analysis tools, enterprise wide data retention & disposal policy.
- Liaise with stakeholders in understanding data entry to analysis process.
- Define the current reporting activities for the development of existing and future reporting procedures and models by charting existing processes.
- Work closely with the Finance functions in setting-up and tracking Key Performance Indicators and Metrics such as Days in Cash, Quick Ratios, EBIT, EBITDA, Efficiency Ratios, Leverage ratios and many more.
- In conjunction with data owners and business units, develop models, procedures and protocols for reporting in concert with organization goals.
- Research, review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing report procedures and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Develop routines and procedures for end-users to facilitate best practices use of reporting tools and applications.
- Interview clients and stakeholders to determine business outcome results- not taking face value answers
- Utilize experience in order to define business outcomes for stakeholders and clients in a clear to understand way
- Document forecasted and actual time and work deliverables as a way to measure workload and billable time to clients
- Stay educated through self-learning, certifications and approved materials on process methodology, current data visualization and data analysis techniques
- Develop artifacts and deliverables to clients and stakeholders which may include, reports, data visualizations, data modeling and system documentation
- Work directly with the BI team to deliver projects and services internally and to clients as defined in sales and account management process
- Perform, when possible, quantitative analysis in order to measure outcomes
- Understand core concepts around data storage and access specifically in structured data systems such as databases
- Understanding of mathematical concepts regarding statistics and data fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, statistical mathematics, and visualization tools
- Build, present and maintain reports, dashboards and data driven models to internal and external teams and stakeholders
- Building of data models and transformation of data to meet business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics or Business plus three plus years related experience.
- Background in Accounting strongly desired.
- Strong experience in Advanced Microsoft Office Excel 2013, 2016 or 2019 is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365
- Weekend and evening work is possible due to projects and client issues
- Power BI experience is desired
- Experience in database systems is essential
- Ability to define time requirements based on complex tasks is essential
- Keen ability to problem solving
- Ability to logically plan
- Strong oral and written communication
- Continual desire to learn, absorb, and apply new information and skills
- Extraordinary focus on customer service
- Innate ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Exhibit a professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact in a variety of situations to include: customer service, orientations, training and networking
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally with C-Level management
Closing Date: 1st November 2019, 5.00 PM
|Job Category||Data Analyst|