Job Location: Nairobi
Terms: 1 year, Renewable.
OpenCastLabs Consulting/OCL Learning
OpenCastLabs partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in environment and infrastructure, health, human services, and social programs, business processes and telecommunications markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 2008, OpenCastLabs has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions.
OCL Learning delivers corporate training, reporting solutions development, software, business intelligence applications and BI project management
Learn more: www.opencastlabs.co.ke
- Develop a robust commercial strategy, sales plan and tactics to unlock the revenue potential for OpenCastLabs/OCL Learning;
- Deliver revenue by building and maintaining relationships with senior level clients; consistently multi-tasking between new business acquisition and account management;
- Understand OpenCastLabs business model to build and measure key KPIs
- Craft partner and industry vertical specific pitch decks, that reflect a deep understanding of the OpenCastLabs business model, strategic impact and understanding of OpenCastLabs product;
- Be an active member in the product development process, gathering partner feedback and communicating it to the Product & Marketing Team;
- Work with Marketing and Product teams in developing partner commercial aimed at maximizing ROI and balancing client and user base requirements. This includes policies around pricing, trading terms;
- Prepare and manage the sales budget, pipeline tracking & reporting, forecasts and attainment of revenue objectives;
- Create an efficient sales and partner development function through the adoption of professional sales approaches and processes;
- Monitor the client industry developments and OpenCastLabs’s competitive landscape, identify key trends and developments and regularly update the Senior Management Team, bringing ideas on new business opportunities to the table.
This role is perfectly suited to an entrepreneurial and motivated Business Development professional who enjoys the challenge of creating a commercial roadmap and closing the initial deals to help an ambitious technology consulting firm to achieve something great. Tenacious describes your approach to execution and you can’t imagine not rolling-up your sleeves to be in the details of the solution. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of KPIs and the ability to create comprehensive solutions.
You’ll be a field based person visiting existing and prospective partners, but spend some of your time on the web, updating the client database, sending out emails, analyzing performance of our sales performance and social accounts and CRM.
Experience and skills:
- A salesman
- Minimum BA/BSc degree.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, SAGE or related ERPs a plus
- Knowledge of any business intelligence software
- Five plus years experience in business development/technical sales
- Business development, strategic sales (B2B or B2C) or account management in the training & consulting space, preferably at a consulting or corporate business or consulting firm
- Brand management, customer marketing, category management or business development in a training and consulting company;
- Strategy consulting with domain experience in corporate business;
- A proven track record in acquiring new business and achieving targets, as well as the experience in managing a portfolio of accounts;
- Distinctive skills in analysis and problem solving and impeccable business judgment;
- Entrepreneurial drive, high motivation, and goal-orientation ability to deliver to tight deadlines and work calmly under pressure;
- Excellent sales, negotiation, communication, networking and writing skills; experience in developing marketing materials; experience in pitching to decision makers of large blue chip companies;
- Network of contacts in the corporate Kenya and beyond;
- Budget management and forecasting experience; good planning and organisational skills;
- A broad grasp of internet technologies and an understanding or background with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software;
- Positive attitude, consultative approach and self-motivation are all essential;
- Team player, ability to line manage and be seen as a mentor to others;
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Battle scars and sense of humour requisite.
Closing Date: 10th October 2019
|Job Category||Business Development, Sales|